Datasets, repositories, and papers (find them all!)
- Global Digital Activism Set, 2013
- Race and the Decision to Seek the Death Penalty in Federal Cases, 1995-2000
- Cross-national indicators of liberal democracy, 1950-1990
- Survey of Inmates in Local Jails, 2002 [United States]
- Cost of Living of Industrial Workers in the United States and Europe, 1888-1890
- Minnesota Adolescent Community Cohort (MACC) Study 2000-2013
All datasets are in ICPSR (titled as above) and possibly other repositories.
Data mystery tour Google sheet
- Antell, K., Foote, J. B., Turner, J., & Shults, B. (2014). Dealing with data: Science librarians’ participation in data management at Association of Research Libraries Institutions. COLLEGE & RESEARCH LIBRARIES, 75(4), 557–574. https://doi.org/10.5860/crl.75.4.557
- Borgman, C. L. (2012). The conundrum of sharing research data. Journal of the American Society for Information Science and Technology, 63(6), 1059–1078.
- Briney, K. (2016). Strategic planning for research data services. Bulletin of the Association for Information Science & Technology, 42(4), 39–41.
- Buckland, M. (2011). Data Management as Bibliography. Bulletin of the American Society for Information Science & Technology, 37(6), 34–37.
- Carlson, J. (2012). Demystifying the data interview: developing a foundation for reference librarians to talk with researchers about their data. Reference Services Review, 40(1), 7–23.
- Cox, A. M., & Pinfield, S. (2014). Research data management and libraries: Current activities and future priorities. Journal of Librarianship and Information Science, 46(4), 299–316.
- Diekema, A. R., Wesolek, A., & Walters, C. D. (2014). The NSF/NIH effect: Surveying the effect of data management requirements on faculty, sponsored programs, and institutional repositories. Journal of Academic Librarianship, 40(3/4), 322–331.
- Flores, J. R., Brodeur, J. J., Daniels, M. G., Nicholls, N., & Turnator, E. (2015). Libraries and the research data management landscape. The Process of Discovery: The CLIR Postdoctoral Fellowship Program and the Future of the Academy, 82–102.
- Fonti, F., Maoret, M., & Whitbred, R. (2017). Free-riding in multi-party alliances: The role of perceived alliance effectiveness and peers’ collaboration in a research consortium. Strategic Management Journal, 38(2), 363–383. https://doi.org/10.1002/smj.2470
- Henderson, M. E., & Knott, T. L. (2015). Starting a Research Data Management Program Based in a University Library. Medical Reference Services Quarterly, 34(1), 47–59.
- Knuth, S. L., Johnson, A. M., & Hauser, T. (2015). Research Data Services at the University of Colorado Boulder. Bulletin of the Association for Information Science & Technology, 41(6), 35–38.
- Lee, D. J., & Stvilia, B. (2017). Practices of research data curation in institutional repositories: A qualitative view from repository staff. PloS One, 12(3), e0173987.
- Poole, A. H. (2016). The conceptual landscape of digital curation. Journal of Documentation, 72(5), 961–986.
- Rinehart, A. (2016). Finding the connection: Research data management and the office of research. Bulletin of the Association for Information Science & Technology, 43(1), 28–30.
Tenopir, C., Dalton, E. D., Allard, S., Frame, M., Pjesivac, I., Birch, B., … Dorsett, K. (2015). Changes in data sharing and data reuse practices and perceptions among scientists worldwide. PLOS ONE, 10(8), e0134826. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0134826
- Vitale, C. R. H. (2016). Is research reproducibility the new data management for libraries? Bulletin of the Association for Information Science & Technology, 42(3), 38–41.
- Zilinski, L., & Briney, K. (2016). Going Beyond the Data Management Plan. The Medical Library Association Guide to Data Management for Librarians.
- Zilinski, L. D., Barton, A., Zhang, T., Pouchard, L., & Pascuzzi, P. (2015). Research Data Integration in the Purdue Libraries. Bulletin of the Association for Information Science & Technology, 42(2), 33–37.